cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to NW7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are presently at NW7.1 with Windows 2003/ORACLE patch set 4,is it possible to upgrade the system to NW7.3 without OS upgrade to 2008.

Regards

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Windows 2003 is supported for NW 7.3. So i don't see any requirement to upgrade the OS also. You can upgrade on windows 2003.

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But PAM doen't show any supporting information for 2003 it has only entry for 2008 OS

Does that mean all new installation on NW7.3 should be done on 2008 ?

Regards

Uday

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see that Windows 2003 is supported for NW 7.3 on PAM.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Navigating to http://service.sap.com/pam -> SAP Netweaver 7.3. There are tabs Database and Operating Systems.

The "database" tab shows the various OS/DB combinations supported for the NW 7.3 various usage types i.e. Application Server ABAP/JAVA, EP etc. As per this, the usage types cannot be installed on anything lower than Windows Server 2008

The "operating system" tab shows OS requirement for other NW 7.3 components like LiveCache, TREX, Content Server etc. which are more of supporting systems / front end components. Few of these support Windows 2003 like Livecache etc.

So it depends if you are installing/updating a technical usage instance of NW 7.3 -> you cannot use Windows 2003

But if you are installing a supporting or frontend component from NW 7.3 -> you need to check specifically for that component.

From your first post, I can infer that you would have to upgrade the OS also to Windows 2008(R2). And this will be more of a system copy as 'in-place' upgrade for Windows has quite some restrictions for the SAP systems. Please check Notes 1476239 and 1494740.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I see from PAM, NW 7.3 is supported on Win2008R2 and Oracle 11g

You have to upgrade both - OS and DB along with your NW upgrade.

Thanks