cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to R/3 System fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just tried my first steps in WebDynpro accessing a R/3 System via RFC call.

Therefore I tried the "FlightModel" example.

As backend system I use a more or less standard installed IDES system on 4.7 release. (I am not the owner and do not know how it is customized. But I have a user with "SAP_ALL" rights.)

I imported the R/3 to my SLD manually as described in the example. As installed products for the technical SLD system I chosed "SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE 47x200". (Is this correct or should I have chosen something else?)

Within the SAP NW DevStudio I could import the "FlightModel" out of the R/3 system (-> connection from DevStudio works)

I also maintained the JCo settings wthin the Content Adminsitration of the WebDynpro HTTP application

But when I deploy the EAR file and run the application I got following error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=mchc893a GROUP=GUEST R3NAME=ID2 MSSERV=sapmsID2 PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsID2' unknown TIME Fri Aug 25 10:36:30 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 505 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsID2' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

Did I forget something or do I need to customize the R/3 system?

regards

René

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Test the Jco connection in content administrator.

do this setting in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services file make an entry for message server

<messageserver> <port>/tcp

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

On Friday I did following:

- Imported the "CR_Content.zip" and "cimsap.zip" to SLD another time

- Recreated the technical systems in SLD

- Recreated the JCo's

- reset the backend IP-Adresses in the etc/hosts file and the backend services in the etc/services file

-> this fixed the described Problem for one R/3 backend immediately but not for a second R/3 system.

-> when I switched on my computer this morning and started my J2EE now all JCo's are working fine.

-> So I think that in some cases perhaps a restart of the whole computer could be necessary.

Thanks to Mukesh and Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

unfortunately the other thread didn't help me to solve the problem.

The connection via the message server is still resulting in the mentioned error.

(Only the direct connection via the application server is succeeding)

As general question: Why the JCo tries to connect via Load-Balancer to get the Meta-Data? And is it a problem if the R/3 system has no load-balancer?

regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit and Mukesh,

I use the logon group "GUEST" which is also exisiting in the R/3.

The settings within the services file also did not help -> I still cannot connect to the R/3 and the "Test Connection" via the Content Administrator also fails with the same error.

I am really not sure if the entry within the SLD is correct.

I know that I can let the R/3 automatically registrate within my SLD via transaction RZ70. But this does not work properly. What kind of settings I have to maintain here?

Or is there another problem?

regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this Thread

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which is the logon group that you have used while creating the system in SLD? Check if the same logon group exists in the backend R/3 or not?

Regards,

Satyajit.