Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type (..) of the context element (..) in view (..) does not exist

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have got an question. I have an ABAP webdynpro with a context node which is connected to an ABAP structure.

The context node is mapped to a context node of a view and the fields of the view are mapped to the context node of the view. So the data is send through them. That works fine.

Within this ABAP structure i have added 3 extra new fields. After creating them i activated the structure.

Within the webdynpro i have updated the context mapping between the node and the structure and also between the different mappings between the views and the componentcontroller where this node is used,

Within the context tab of all the views i see all the three new fields.

When i try to map those fields to a field in the screen it cannot be done. i get the following message:

Type (..) of the context element (..) in view (..) does not exist

Anf the new fields are gray.

Does anybody know the solution for this?

kind regards,

Anton Pierhagen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Surekha
Participant
0 Kudos

LogOff ur sap login .

and again login the sap system ..

u r problem will be resolved .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Deleing and re-creating the node both in the component controller and the view and then re-do the mapping.

This would definately solve your problem.

Cheers,

Kunjal

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thanks for all of the replies. But unfortunately the right answer wasn't there.

I had tried to map the structure and re-create the node on several levels in my web-dynpro, but there was no change after this changes.

When i created an own dataelement and an own domain in my ABAP structure, it worked.

I could select them in the webdynpro. But why????

i still not get it..

But thanks for the replies!

Kind regards,

Anton Pierhagen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I met the same problem with you. The problem was gone after I restart workbench.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks  Ford Wang, that was  the hint I needed...

After adding a new Field to an existing structure, this field is available in the context but could not be selected as value of a UI element.

A restart solved this problem.

fikretsomay
Participant
0 Kudos

yes it definetely solved my problem many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anton,

Remove binding, and bind once again properly.

and check your context mapping also, pointing to same structure or not.

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not got this error so far.

Probably you can try to create a test view and create node with your new structure and see if you are able to bind view properties. If this works then you can decide what is the best way to go forward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that the node mappings in the UI element properties are not pointing to an attribute that you have changed the name of.