cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV04N tcode - relevance of the Language field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know the relevance of the Language field under "Other Selection Criteria" in the tcode CV04N.

When I try to search for document using only this field with any value (like Chinese, Afrikaans or any other, it fetches the same set of documents).

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwas,

What I am assuming is that, according to your question the "other search criteria" will execute along with the default language.

For example, you are creating the

1. DIR with default language as Germany(DE) and for the same document if you have other document in English(EN),

2. DIR with default language as Germany(DE) and for the same document if you have other document in Arabic(AR),

3. DIR with default language as Germany(DE) and for the same document if you have other document in Japanese(JP).

In "Other search criteria" if you choose English(EN) then it will displays document (1)

Basically its a Language key for indexing and retrieval.

Documents to be indexed are assigned a document class and a language, since indexing and retrieval is language-dependent in SAPfind.

Hope it may clear to some extent, but I am not sure.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for the reply however its still not clear to me.

Infact in our system we only use the default lanuguage as EN.And in CV04n if I just put in anything like Afrikkans ,Chinese or just any other language in the Language field , it fetches the same set of documents.

I want to check whether the documents that are fetched fulfil the search criteria for language AF , ZH etc. Where to check that?

Like in Display document , Is there any field which specifies this?

Regards