cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Oracle database software

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´ve uninstalled a central instance, now I want to uninstall the database software, but in the installation guide in chapter 6 (Additional information) It says the next:

The Oracle software is installed on all hosts where an SAP instance is running, for example, on a central instance host, database host, or dialog inst ance host. Do not delete t he Oracle database software, if another SAP inst ance is running on the same host.

But the uninstalled instance was in the oracle home --> oracleCH1102 and the other instance that is up and running is in another oracle home --> oraclePES102. I have to follow the guide or can uninstall the oracle database software because in your oracle home there aren´t any instance up and running?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please follow the guide.

If you will uninstall the database software then it will impact the oracle instance PES as well.

However you can think of removal/uninstallation of only the oracle instance CH1.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even when each system oracle sap in their own oracle home?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, just remove/de-install the particular oracle home CH1.

When you will invoke Oracle universal installer program, select de-install option and select the particular oracle home - for e.g. /oracle/CH1...

Thanks

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

make a backup for your oracle central directory before any detachment.

if your oracle version is 11g, you can no longer launch OUI to detach oracle home. please have a look on Note 1525025 - Oracle 11.2.0: Oracle Software Deinstallation.

Cheers,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

then If I select the oracle home in the OUI for uninstall, It should´t to modify the binaries or installation of the other oracle homes in the same machine,no?

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes correct, it wouldn't modify/affect other oracle homes.

Thanks

Answers (0)