cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to carry out Time and Material billing for Equipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not quite sure how to realize this. The client wants to bill customers based on the number of days/hours for which an equipment is used (i.e T&M Billing). For a personnel, to recognize the actual number of hours spent, the personnel time write and this time is then used as a basis for billing in DP90. How will the actual number of days/hours used by the equipment be entered into the system and then billed? Will it be by simply creating a sales order and invoice for the number of days spent for the equipment or is there a similar process like that for personnel?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We confirm on the WBS to record actual time for the equipment.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not quite sure how to realize this. The client wants to bill customers based on the number of days/hours for which an equipment is used (i.e T&M Billing). For a personnel, to recognize the actual number of hours spent, the personnel time write and this time is then used as a basis for billing in DP90. How will the actual number of days/hours used by the equipment be entered into the system and then billed? Will it be by simply creating a sales order and invoice for the number of days spent for the equipment or is there a similar process like that for personnel?

It is available in ETM, if ETM (DIMP) is not active for you then go for the work around..

create the Equipment as a work center and activity type and use it in a service order then link the service order with sales order and use DIP for billing.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Esi,

You need to run sales scenrio with resource related billing- DIP. Based on number of hours, you will be able to bill the client.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure but you can refer the Production Resources & Tools section in SAP Help. I doubt whether you would be able to enter timesheet for the equipment but usage of PRT allows you to calculate the actual cost incurred as a result of utilising a certian equipment. You can then bill with reference to the actual cost incurred. Not sure how the process would be but it's possible i guess.

Regards,

Gokul