cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move WBS from Project to new Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Currently we have a high numer of deep structured Projects within SAP PS.

The hierarchy looks like:

Project Def 
- 1st level WBS 
-- 2nd level WBS 
-- 2nd level WBS
--- 3rd level WBS
---- Activity
---- Activity
--- 3rd level WBS
---- Activity
-- 2nd level WBS
--- Activity
--- 3rd level WBS
---- Activity
-- 2nd level WBS

We now need to move all the 2nd level WBS elements to distinct projects, preferably without data loss and including all WBS-sub elements from 3rd level. The description of the WBS elements should be copied to the new projects description.

Can someone describe the best-practice, manual way to achieve that?

Is there an automated way to do that, maybe a Transaction code I currently miss?

Is there a possibility to achieve it programmatically?

BR

Michael

Edited by: Michael Schüßler on Sep 13, 2011 2:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You cannot literally move these WBSe's to new projects. Instead you can create new projects with exactly the same structure and maintain the same descriptions. As far as data is concerned, you need to check the postings that have already happened in the old projects. There are different ways by which this data can be transferred to the new Project. You can either settle the costs from the old WBS to the new ones or simply post a journal entry against the new WBSe's. I would prefer the former one. This however depends on how far the project has progressed i.e. costs incurred, postings done etc. There are a lot of things to consider before doing what you intend to do.

It would be good if you can involve your FICO guys in this exercise. It will be of help.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"You cannot" was sufficient, thanks