cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12899

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on IDOC to JDBC scenario.We want to POst the data from SAP to Oracle Data base. So i have used the hasQuot for Date elements.http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2002.I [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] am getting the below error in the receiver JDBC channel.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. XXXXXX (structure 'Statement'): java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12899: value too large for column "HRCORE_D"."HRP1007"."BEGDA" (actual: 9, maximum: 8).

In the XML i m able to see only 8 characters for BEGDA field. I have used trim function before each block in the Mapping.

<BEGDA hasQuot="No">TO_DATE('2011-08-22','yyyy-MM-dd')</BEGDA>

Please let me know the solution for this.

Thanks,

Soumya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error shows that you are sending the value more than declared for that date field in the table. You send the field value size more than 8 characters. You actually send 9 characters. This is purely backend error. Java trim method will remove only blank space on the leading and trailing.

Answers (0)