Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts about PCK with the Entreprise Service Directory and the SLD

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm studying the possibilty to implant a PCK. I know that the configuration and the runtime must be developed or treated in the PCK. My questions are the next:

1. Is the PCK connected with the ESR? How does the PCK deal with the design objects?

2. Is it neccessary to add the PCK to SLD?, Could the SLD to provide metadata information or bussines system information to PCK?

3. In the case of RFC sender the gateway must be installed in the PCK machine or it can be installed in the SLD?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. Is the PCK connected with the ESR? How does the PCK deal with the design objects?

no. If you want to do mapping in PCK, you have to download message type xsd from ESR and upload to PCK. But usually you won't do mapping in PCK, so you need no ESR data.

> 2. Is it neccessary to add the PCK to SLD?, Could the SLD to provide metadata information or bussines system information to PCK?

No. PCK runs independently from PI landscape and will be addressed as parter/service or partnerless business service.

> 3. In the case of RFC sender the gateway must be installed in the PCK machine or it can be installed in the SLD?

I do not understand your question. You can use RFC sender adapter without installing anything on PCK or anywhere else.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much indeed for your answer.

The last question is about the configuration in RFC Sender:

"In the Application Server field, enter the host name of the PI system,

and in the Application Server Service field, enter the gateway service

of the PI system according to the scheme sapgwXX, where XX represents

the instance number. The Program ID follows the scheme SystemA_

Sender-## and, like the two values mentioned earlier, exactly matches

the values entered in the corresponding RFC connection in system A."

If i configure the program ID in the PCK and the gateway is in PI landscape, could be a problem?

About your ESR answer, i suppose that the developers in the PCK side can't create new services interfaces for their own use, they only can use the service interfaces created by the central company and only to change the mapping programs if it is necessary, is this correct, not?

Regards

Edited by: Iñaki Vila on Sep 13, 2011 2:02 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If i configure the program ID in the PCK and the gateway is in PI landscape, could be a problem?

I think you can use also the gateway of the connected SAP system.

> About your ESR answer, i suppose that the developers in the PCK side can't create new services interfaces for their own use, they only can use the service interfaces created by the central company and only to change the mapping programs if it is necessary, is this correct, not?

As I wrote before: You can create mappings inside PCK based in xsd from ESR interfaces, but in general you won't do mapping inside PCK. Any mapping should be done in the connected PI.

The pupose of the PCK is only the translation of a specific protocol (like RFC, JDBC) to XI protocol to be able to pass a firewall. The message payload remains unchanged by sending data to PI.

If you have a PI in the same environment as the PCK, you better go for an additional AAE installation.