Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing ESS Personal Information & other data

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to ESS MSS packages in Web dynpro Java.

I have a scenario where client has Portal role customized for employee's personal info & other details.

Now task is the to add some new fields to this Identity, Address & Family iViews.

From Portal content admin, I could find following details for 'Identite' application: -

WD app name: - Per_Personal_FR

App namespace: - sap.com/essfrpdata

External link: -webdynpro:java/sap.com/essfrpdata/com.sap.xss.hr.per.fr.personal.Per_Personal_FR/base

And I need to add following two fields in view: -

- Nationality 2 (P0002-NATI2) from system ABC

- 3 Nationality (P0002-NATI3) from system ABC

In other requirement, task is to add following two fields in 'Adresse' iView: -

- Distance Km (P0006-ENTKM) : from system XYZ

- Carte Orange (P0006-P0006-ZZCOR and ZZCART): from system XYZ

I understand that these DCs follows FPM structure which I don't have any idea about.

I see these WD DC in ESS software component, but can you please advise how to proceed on this?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Amey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might not require to modify any code in NWDI using NWDS...

Follow below Wiki.....

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/ESSPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for valuable reply, Saurabh!

- When I open iView in preview mode and do CTRL+RIGHT CLICK, nothing happens! (EP version = 4 & ECC = 6.0)

I have all admin roles on Portal (Content, System, User & Self-Service admin)

- Also, as far as a standard field in infotype is concerned, I already see it in my view's context.

So I can probably create new UI element and map it to them?

- But I dont know how to map new & custom fields added to infotype (as mentioned in 2nd requiremnt of my question)

I am going through several threads & blogs & SAP help links for FPM and other stuff... But I am yet to get promising answer.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.

Thanks & Regards,

Amey

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

typed same text twice by mistake. Hence removed..

Edited by: Amey Mogare on Sep 14, 2011 1:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

"When I open iView in preview mode and do CTRL+RIGHT CLICK, nothing happens!"

OK...with "nothing happens" here you must be referring that you are not able to find that "Edit Custom extension field" link...

That will be visible once you have added a field in your structure in R/3...as described in Wiki Post...

Also if you follow this approach, then make sure you have read SAP note : 1234273

For an understanding about FPM application you can go through below link :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e02f8075-1879-2c10-a8b5-88bb450cc...

For better query resolution post your question in:

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Thanks for that SDNDay_ESS_HR.pdf... very informative. reading it now..

2. SAP Note 1234273 helped.. UI personalization screen opens for 1st roadmap step but I see that rest all steps show 'read-only' screens..Dont know the reason why it is so...

3. I have read following PDF yesterday. This is also a good document. It gave me some help.

But it talks about making a copy of standard application and doesn't talk about importing new fields into model & view.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e02f8075-1879-2c10-a8b5-88bb450cc...

Thanks for guiding me to correct forum.. I thought this was WD Java DCs so I posted it here.

Thanks & Regards,

Amey

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have the same issue, I should be able to include the field Distance Km (P0006-ENTKM) to the french Address iView

(pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.iviews/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.personal_information/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.fr/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.addr/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.addr -- WD app Per_Address_FR)

I followed the previous link where it is shown the way to include additional custom fields without coding http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/ESSPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification but I understand in this case it should not be required to include custom field as far as ENTKM is an standard field.

Should I understand that it is a limitation of the standard WD application which does not include this context node and it is required to extend the app? (option which I'm not allowed to execute).

Chris Solomon was talking about a new functionality of EhP3. I guess you refer to the Internatinal package. This functionality is showing me the following error:

javax.naming.NamingException: Failed in WD JNDI lookup. javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: No child found in WebDynproContext with name com.sap.xss.hr.per.fr.address.Per_Address_FR_13 [Root exception is com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: Failed in WD JNDI lookup. javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: No child found in WebDynproContext with name com.sap.xss.hr.per.fr.address.Per_Address_FR_13]

I use portal 7.01 SP10 with BPs ESS&MSS 1.41.

Some other suggestions???

Thanks in advance!

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I finally edited WD Java application in NWDS to add this field to 'Detail' view. (that Portal iView personalization didn't work for me)

This ENTKM field is present in View's context under node 'SelectedInfotype'. I mapped it to an input field.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might also check your enhancment pack level. With Ehp3, there is a new business function you can activate for personal informaiton (address, personal info, bank) that allows you to do much of what you need through backend config and no coding.

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reply.

Can you tell me which Enhancement Pack level you mentioned and where do I check it in system?

Also, which features & facilities does it provide? Can you shed some light on it? probably a link or blog?

Thanks & Regards,

Amey