cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Tagging for Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to display HTML tags in adobe forms but it is displaying as simple text. So for example, I am passing <.b> BOLD <./b> it is displaying it as is instead of BOLD. Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

MC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Digging through some past posts, I found this one (also found similar info on Adobe's dev forum)....

Adobe can only "translate" particular tags.

[XFA Spec 8|http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/xml/xfa_spec_2_8.pdf]

look in the part -> Rich Text Reference for a list of supported xhtml tags.

You may also need to pass in the complete <html></html> content and not JUST text with tags in it (ie. you need to tell Adobe about the content).

link to older post:

[|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

you won't have to pass <html></htm.>, you can pass the tags directly, but you have to make sure your field's attributes are set to Rich Text Format in Adobe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi robert/chris,

i need to display the tags allowed in a formatted text edit field. user can be inputting html tagged strings from say WDA WDR_TEST_TEXT_EDIT and it should be displayed as bold, italic, bullets, etc. do u know where i can search for this?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhhh ok.....got ya now.......yes, this has been mentioned before......I would use the SEARCH option up top and open it for all time searching on things like "HTML tag"...."HTML dynamic"....."dynamic bold".....things like that. I know I saw a solution (althought not elegant) to this before.

Also....have you tried searching OUTSIDE of here.....I often check on the Adobe developer forums as well as several good bloggers' sites and find much more info (keeping in mind, what you are experiencing is often not a "SAP thing" but an "Adobe thing")

Former Member
0 Kudos

we implemented an SAP Web Dynpro rich text format to Adobe RTF -(search for my posts on it - even within the past 2 weeks I posted here and in the web dynpro forum).

I would ONLY recommend it if you have a limited set of formatting options.

we gave the users a wide array of options (Bold, italics, multiple indents, multiple bullets/numbering) - it will be an ongoing issue because you can never code for ALL eventualities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chris!

we are using the adobe form to display the course descriptions so this may contain bullets, numbering and the like. however, when the tags are passed to the binded variables, they appear as plain text even if i have set them to RTF field format.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oooooo....there have been previous posts on this (use the SEARCH function and open it up for "all time") kinda thing....I remember it took a bit of hacking to do.

Curious....what is the actual requirement? What is it your user wants to dynamically display? Keep in mind, the purpose of the Adobe forms is to emulate forms (oddly enough? haha). That's why I am curious of what kind of content they want to generate dynamically?

Maybe the approach could be a little different?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am trying to dynamically display text that is passed on to the interactive form. user specifically wants to display html tags for bullets, bold fonts, etc in the form. hope you can help me.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you doing this? What is it you are really trying to do?

The LCD editor allows you to do all kinds of formatting including the kind of styling you are mentioning.