cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Data Source in GRC AC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Need clariofcation regarding User data Source for SAP GRC AC .

Till GRC AC 5.3 we can use only one sap backend system as user data source for gettting users like manager,approver etc and have to change User data source if user reside in some other system .

Is this been address with GRC AC 10 .

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

Looking at the configuration, you can configure multiple target systems against all of the different data sources and authentication sources. It uses the sequence number to identify in which order these should be accessed.

SPRO - Ref IMG - GRC - Access Controls - Maintain Data Sources Configuration

However, in my experience connecting lots of different systems to take elements of user data causes performance issues and often cuases some confusion about the actual data to be displayed. You'll need to consider the field mapping and source elements casrefuly to ensure you don't get conflicting information.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon

But my basic question is still not answered .

As GRC is not identity management solution ,till GRC 5.3 you cannot access user from different SAP back end system until you manually change user data source .

To address this wither you should have IDM ,LDAP or CUA where you maintain all users of different system .

I was just wondering if this challenge is beeing address in GRC 10 .I understand that different data source is always possible .

Thanks for you response .

Best Regards

Asheesh

Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Asheesh,

In GRC 10.0 you can setup a sequence of the back-end instances where to look for user data. You need just to keep in mind all instances will need to have plug-in installed and run data sync job with GRC instance. I hope this answers your question.

With best regards,

Vitali

jatin_grover
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

while defining the data source either for user search/user detail you can add multiple data source with priority defined as a sequence.

Answers (0)