cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How batch determination work in WM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Can you tell me how batch determination work in WM?

I am doing a test about the FIFO, I actived the batch managment and the Characteristic value is reference to table MCH1, field LWEDT.

Then I maintain below customizing:

i)condition table

ii)access sequence

iii) strategy types

iv)search procedure definition

v)assign search procedure

vi)maintain the data for batch search strategy.(sortrule,selection class in ls51)

the sort rule is Descending

After that I create a delivery for production order, then create TO for the delivery via LT03. But the system can not determine the batch automatically. I wonder how the batch determination work? Should the system find the appropriate batch in the whole warehouse and create the TO, or I should fill in the storage bin then system find the appropriate batch in the bin then create the TO?

If system should find the batch in warehouse automatically, what setting I missed?

Please advise, thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

> Can you tell me how batch determination work in WM?

> I am doing a test about the FIFO, I actived the batch managment and the Characteristic value is reference to table MCH1, field LWEDT.

> Then I maintain below customizing:

> i)condition table

> ii)access sequence

> iii) strategy types

> iv)search procedure definition

> v)assign search procedure

> vi)maintain the data for batch search strategy.(sortrule,selection class in ls51)

> the sort rule is Descending

>

> After that I create a delivery for production order, then create TO for the delivery via LT03. But the system can not determine the batch automatically. I wonder how the batch determination work? Should the system find the appropriate batch in the whole warehouse and create the TO, or I should fill in the storage bin then system find the appropriate batch in the bin then create the TO?

> If system should find the batch in warehouse automatically, what setting I missed?

> Please advise, thank you.

The system should find the batch, have you used BD52 (selection durring t.o. create) or VCH1 (batch determination in delivery prior to t.o. create) to maintian the batch selections?

Also please compare the stock in your warehouse to the selections you have entered, would be good to first confirm your warehouse has an appropiate batch code available for selection in a storage type that your settings have looking at for t.o. creations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arakish

The batch can be determined after I set up the storage type search, seems no need to maintain BD52 or VCH1.

Tony

Answers (0)