cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy Template - Technical documentation missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While going trough the available templates I noticed that the Technical information link points to the application guide.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0536348-a220-2e10-1a95-ed58b57d1e28

Can anybody fix this or point me to the technical documentation for this template?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

This URL links to the application guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether you are looking for below URL

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=https://www.sdn.sap.com/downloads/Manufactu...

Thanks

Rajesh.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking for the technical documentation that is linked on the site (but that only sends you to the application guide).

Not the application guide or the project/database downloads.

0 Kudos

Hi Willem,

Please send a note to the SDN folks and I will follow up as well. You are right, the Technical Guide link is not set correctly.

I will also check with some of the folks who worked on the templates and see if they can provide the actual document behind the link.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

First of all, I do understand that this thread is not touched by many gurus from last couple of years.

So, I don’t know if you or anyone was able to get the missing document from your attempts as mentioned by many. Since me too evaluating this solution now, would like to check and take the help from your earlier endeavors to get the missing technical guide of this solution and your experience/conclusion of solution.

Thanks,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the information. I understand your position and also the position of the developers not to give it all away free.

I will work with our partner liason to see if we can get the documentation.

Mari Santangelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good you bring this up again.

I contacted SDN support but they simply didn't seem to understand that the link was pointing to the wrong document (relatively frustrating experience when they sent me both dcouments and I tried explaining to the person that he just sent 2 identical documents), to which they sent me to ask it on the MII forum for such technical matters O_o

Edited by: Willem van Lammeren on Oct 4, 2011 10:33 AM

Edited by: Willem van Lammeren on Oct 4, 2011 10:35 AM, xifing pytos

0 Kudos

Hi Mari (and all the rest of you, too),

The original Energy Template was a free download on SDN. Since I worked on the original project, I never downloaded either the project or the documentation. I did send an email to the SDN folks about the link to the wrong document, but am not sure what they can do about it now. Not terribly long afterwards, the free download was converted to an RDS package and is now the responsibility of and is supported by that organization within SAP. To the best of my knowledge they now have both the project and the documentation.

Partners, try contacting your back office support folks.

Customers, try hitting up your AE or SE (not sure which would make more sense).

I know this is not what any of you want to hear, but my hands are pretty much tied.

Sorry, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willem - I am also evaluating the Energy Template. Were you able to find another link where the Technical Guide could be found? It seems the link is still pointing to the Application Guide.

Hi Mike - Can you tell me if an alternate link exists for this document? If not, do you have it?

Thank you,

Mari Santangelo