cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending an Enterprise Service

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

I am looking for a step-by-step guide that explains how to extend an existing Enterprise Service to add and process additional fields to the standard data type the is used by that service. This includes the changes to be made in PI and the target system hosting the Enterprise Service.

Can anybody point me to a good article or blog?

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if there is a blog. But this is what you should do -

1. Find the associate enterprise service PI content. Find the message type and the data type with in.

2. Select the data type at which you want to add new field and create an enhancement for this data type under your own namespace. Activate.

3. In Host system, SPROXY, select your enhancement and create proxy. Activate. you should now see the enhanced fields in the standard service structure.

VJ

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Has SAP provided some kind of standardised mechanism for extending the functionality of each Enterprise Service also? i.e. by BaDI? If so, is there a way of finding the available BaDIs per Enterprise Service?

BR,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Have you been able to find a standard way to find Badis per Enterprise Service? I've extended an enterprise service but I can't find the way to find the Badis for inbound and outbound processing!

Thanks a lot!