Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to log into Visual Administrator via port 50004

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDNers:

We have a Java only system. Recently I find that I CANNOT log into

Visual Administrator using my own ID (NOT administrator ID) via 50004.

The error message in the visual administrator trace is attached.

On SDN there are many threads about this error but none of them fits

our situation.

1) J2EE is up and running;

2) I have SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role on ABAP SU01 (ABAP UME);

3) Portal is up and functional;

4) port 50004 of this box CAN be telneted , i.e. it's open;

5) there is NO any error in default.trc or application#.log.

Your experience is appreciated.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is the trace for the Visual Administrator:

000837E36D00001000000014CF221F60004ACC5133F1270#1315862338278#com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask##com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask#######Thread[Thread-13,6,main]##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server/VisualAdministrationTool#Java###Error while trying to login to localhost: Cannot authenticate the user.

[EXCEPTION]

#1#com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.ModulesProcessAction.run(ModulesProcessAction.java:178)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.FastLoginContext.login(FastLoginContext.java:181)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remoteimpl.login.RemoteLoginContextHelperImpl.login(RemoteLoginContextHelperImpl.java:72)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remoteimpl.login.RemoteLoginContextHelperImplp4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteLoginContextHelperImplp4_Skel.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:137)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Authentication did not succeed.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.ModulesProcessAction.run(ModulesProcessAction.java:175)

... 13 more

-

predecessor system -

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.ModulesProcessAction.run(ModulesProcessAction.java:178)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.FastLoginContext.login(FastLoginContext.java:181)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remoteimpl.login.RemoteLoginContextHelperImpl.login(RemoteLoginContextHelperImpl.java:72)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remoteimpl.login.RemoteLoginContextHelperImplp4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteLoginContextHelperImplp4_Skel.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:137)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Authentication did not succeed.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.login.ModulesProcessAction.run(ModulesProcessAction.java:175)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
error while trying to login to localhost: Cannot authenticate the user.

You should check the role. It is sating clearly not able to authenticate.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I face this problem before but in my case the administrator password changed..

I just share the procedure to you maybe it will help for you too...

Use the Config Tool to change the entry in secure storage as follows:

1. Start the Config Tool. (Execute <SAPj2eeEngine_install_dir>\configtool\configtool.bat.)

2. Select the secure store node. The configuration for the secure storage in the file system appears.

3. Select your user/password/<SID> entry.

4. Enter the new password in the "Value" field and select "Add".

5. Choose "File" --> "Apply" to save data.

Regards

Bhuban

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member286941
Participant
0 Kudos

can you check if P4 port values are correct in configtool. this may be happening due to incorrect value there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got similar kind of issue in my previous client. i request you to check the port number once again. if port number is wrong we get similar issue. mine is corrected after giving right port number.

former_member286941
Participant
0 Kudos

can you check if P4 port values are correct in configtool. this may be happening due to incorrect value there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When adding the SAP_J2EE_ADMIN to your user are you certain that you did it in the appropriate abap client which j2ee uses? Also, make sure you really activated the user change when adding the role.

Regards,

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Subhash Chandra is right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, there is no errors reported in default trace. I guess you are using access model wrong.

please follow the below procedure

VA--New-here you could see 2 options, please use second option direct connection look up etc..,

I guess you are using first option while creating your user, dont use first option.

now you will connect succesfully.

Regards,

Srinivas.korva