Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy EAR with Developer Studio in NW Portal 7.3

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we have installed Portal 7.3 with AS Java. Now I want to deploy an EAR to the portal, but I'm getting an error:

/userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

I have read several threads that SDM is not used anymore on Netweaver 7.3.

I'm using Developer Studio 7.02.09. My Remote Engine has status green, but no SDM.

I was trying to follow the instructions from

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/e04ea01c8422ade10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

but some description don't exist in my NWDS like described in the help-portal. Do I have to use another version of NWDS? Hope somebody can help me through this...

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Lu Huynh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot use NWDS 7.02.09 to develop for NW 7.3. You'll need NWDS 7.3 and the SP level must match that of your runtime system.

Hope it helps.

Dao

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dao,

thanks for your answer.

Yes I was thinking of that too, but on SMP in SSDC there isn't the option to download Developer Studio 7.3... that's why I use 7.02... I browsed through the SMP trying to find Developer Studio 7.3, but without success.

Do you mind to give me the correct link?

Thanks and regards,

Lu

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lu,

You can follow this blog and download the appropriate NW 7.3 Developer Workplace for your server/db

/people/kumar.prashant4/blog/2011/06/11/getting-started-with-netweaver-73-portal-part-1-installation

Hope it helps.

Dao

Edited by: Dao Ha on Sep 14, 2011 9:23 AM

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dao,

this was helpful. I downloaded Workplace Studio and there is the option to install NWDS 7.3. I will configure and try out.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Lu Huynh

Abhijeet-K
Active Participant

Answers (0)