cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.0: Error when calling an adapter by using communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a mapping scenario for ERP -> PI -> web service. Few details from ERP will be sent via PI to Web service.

Once the web service authenticates, token and sign will be generated. Here an RFC adapter is used for configuring the RFC receiver communication channel and provided the ERP system logon details at the RFC client parameter.

An error is received as mentioned below.

Error while lookup Exception during processing the payload.Problem when calling an adapter by using communication channel CC_Rcvr_RFC_Lookup_TokenSign (Party: , Service: BS_QV6_700, Object ID: 54e904ebf3d7382a84a0f83cd292b810) 
 XI AF API call failed. Module exception: 'error while processing the request to rfc-client: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>'. com.sap.aii.mapping.lookup.LookupException

The logon details in RFC parameter are corrected. Re-activated the the communication channel and refreshed the cache.

But still the error is not resolved.Please let me know if there is anything else i need to check.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You could also check note 730870 FAQ XI 3.0/ PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 RFC Adapter

Q 16:

While sending a message to the RfcAdapter the error "...functiontemplate from repository was <null>" is shown. Which reasons are possible?

Regards,

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarah,

I have verified that SAP Notes already.

Regards,

Sri

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you check your RFC receiver communication channel if it contains an entry for Party e.g Party: * ? If yes, then create a copy of that cc with the entry in the party removed. Let us know if this works.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

There is no value maintained for Party. What should be the ERP user type which used to connect to PI system?

Thanks,

Sri