cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Inspection

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

how we will implement once that material subject to source inspection after source inspection lot ud only it will allow to GR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain the QM Procurement keys in the material master QM view.

The setting for the QM procurement key is as below -

SPRO --> Quality Management --> QM in Logistics --> QM in Procurement --> Define Control Keys --> Select existing control key or select new control key --> Maintain following settings

GR/Source inspection control

You have following options

L - Create new inspection lot

X - Goods Receipt not allowed

- Source inspection lot has no effect on the goods receipt

You can maintain indicator "X - Goods Receipt not allowed"

The setting in this field has no effect if the indicator Source inspection instead of goods receipt inspection is not set in the Q info record

There is no impact of source inspection on GR, either u have provided ud to Source inspection lot or not system allows u to post the GRN and u get the lot against GRN again.

Regards

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

THANKS FOR REPLY

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmiananda,

Please refer

Link: [;

if it serves your purpose.

Regards

Sm.

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply

my business scenario is i have one material first i have to check source location then based on result that materials should be allow in GR unless untill that lot is not cleared in source inspection system should not allow GR this is my requirement is it possible in standard

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmiananda,

If, when you say "untill that lot is not cleared " you mean, "until UD is given as accepted for that lot", then it should be possible in standard.

For that

1. You have to choose "GR not allowed" in the field "GR for rejection" in settings for the QM control key.

2. You have to select "source insp.- no GR" in insp.control in quality info record.

Please check and revert.

Regards

Sm.

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your rapid reply. what your giving me solution all i done but without usage decision of source inspection lot its allowed GR Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have maintained the control key in Material master (MM02-QM view)

Also in control key check the message mode what you have assigned. Change to Defects mode if it is in information mode.

Also you have to create a status profile in Quality Info record.

Please find the attached link.

Do the settings as per that.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0c680d3-0706-2e10-4a9a-a5c67d6c4...

Regards

Hari

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow Harikris's document which clearly explains how to address your requirement. It is more compact than what i had suggested, regret any confusion created.

Regards

Sm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the past we had tried preventing GR before verification of the source list. But there were practical problems. for example

For whatever reason, if source cannot be verified in reasonable time, what should the Goods receiver do. Should he return the truck, should he unload the truck and have the goods put it one corner. None of these were practical possibilities for us.

instead of preventing GR what we had implemented, using Q Info records to change inspection type if source is approved or not approved.

Because different inspection types were used ( for example 01 for approved source and 0101 for not approved source) we could print different GRN and segregate the receipts.

See if this works for you.

regards

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath your document osam in that document your mention Conclusion: We can configure Control Keys and assign it in Material Master to control certain functions like creation of new inspection lot or restricting Goods receipt based on usage decision of source inspection lot. We can also assign status profile in Quality Info records to release a vendor for a material

like above comment how to control goods receipt based on usage decision of source inspection lot can you elabrate because in my business this is necessary process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain the QM Procurement keys in the material master QM view.

The setting for the QM procurement key is as below -

SPRO --> Quality Management --> QM in Logistics --> QM in Procurement --> Define Control Keys --> Select existing control key or select new control key --> Maintain following settings

GR/Source inspection control

You have following options

L - Create new inspection lot

X - Goods Receipt not allowed

- Source inspection lot has no effect on the goods receipt

You can maintain indicator "X - Goods Receipt not allowed"

The setting in this field has no effect if the indicator Source inspection instead of goods receipt inspection is not set in the Q info record

Hope this helps

Regards

Hari