cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start Server while installing NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed NW04s SP7 WAS preview installation.

It was running fine.

Then I later deployed 3 sca files of NWDI.

After that I, when I was trying to deploy the following sca files (which was given in the installation of NWDI @ http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d5/294f39dc0997409f16f0ffdd8ec852/frameset.htm),

\BUILDARCHIVES\SAPJEEB04_0.SCA

\BUILDARCHIVES\SAPJTECHSB04_0.SCA

\J2EE_OSINDEP\UT\SAPBUILDT04_0.SCA

Server stopped and never started again.

I tried to manually start, but it also failed.

It stopped with a return code -11113.

Whether these files(above mentioned sca files) are absolutely necessary to setup NWDI?

Can I go ahead with out these files also?

Basically I want to setup NWDI.

Kindly help me by throwing more light on this.

Thanks and regards

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

I have no idea what the error code means, but

1. If this is SP7 the SCAs should have names that end with 07_0.SCA, this looks like you are using SCAs from SP4.

2. I'm pretty sure those 3 SCAs only contain build archives. Try to open them with Winzip: If there's nothing in the DEPLOYARCHIVES directory there's not much point in deploying them. Build archives are meant to be imported into CBS via CMS.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks a lot for ur reply.

Can you kindly more elaborate on and how to do the following step?

"Build archives are meant to be imported into CBS via CMS"

I was trying to deploy them using SDM. I was so stupid

;-). As soon as I saw .sca, I started deploying them using SDM. Which is not correct, right?

Now, I went thru the help file clearly.

It was mentioned that "Copy the required SCAs into the inbox of the transport directory". Can you tell me how to do this also?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks and regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/24/78303136c1418ebe1f235c7b3b444d/frameset.htm

During CMS configuration you set up a "inbox". Usually this is really a folder "inbox" in the filesystem (/usr/sap/JTrans/CMS/inbox or something like that). You just copy the SCA files to this directory and then you can use the CMS WebUI to check-in/import the SCAs into specific development tracks.

In 6.40 you really could deploy the SAPBUILDT.SCA using SDM, but that was just a wrapper SCA that contained BUILDT/JEE/JTECHS/BI-UDI and simply deployed them directly into the inbox of CMS.

In 7.00 there is no such wrapper, you get the SCAs containing build-archives directly and you just copy them into the inbox of CMS.

The difference to deployment is that NWDI allows to set up tracks for different target releases on the same machine, thus you can check-in/import different versions of these archives into different tracks.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (0)