cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undesrtanding Proxy communication with the Integration Engine

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to understand all the process in a client proxy communication. I know that the Local integration engine sends a PI-SOAP to the Central Integration Engine, and the local integration engine makes the communication with the ICM in the SAP PI side. My question are the next:

1. SAP documentation mentions that the XI Adapter is necessary. Where is it located?, after or before of the ICM in the SAP PI side. What is it function?, because the message is already in PI-SOAP format.

2. How does the local integration engine send the PI-SOAP message? Does it need an XI-Adapter ?.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1. SAP documentation mentions that the XI Adapter is necessary. Where is it located?, after or before of the ICM in the SAP PI side. What is it function?, because the message is already in PI-SOAP format.

2. How does the local integration engine send the PI-SOAP message? Does it need an XI-Adapter ?.

-->XI Adapter is necessary only at the receiver side not at the sender side, by using proxy pre-configuration steps and proxy framework message from the sender system(Client proxy) will reach PI system. So, in this case XI adapter is not necessary(adapterless communication).

Proxy Framework which consists of Proxy Generator and Proxy Runtime:

Proxy Generator- Converts ABAP corresponding elements to WSDL corresponding elements and viceversa and by using Proxy Runtime, local Integration will be connected to Central Integration.

When a request is sent form client proxy-->ABAP corresponding elements will be converted to WSDL elements and local integration engine will be connected to central integration engine and whole process will be done.

If the receiver system is SAP, and since there can be many SAP systems connected to PI, to send data from PI to that particular receiver SAP system, PI needs the receiver system details like business system name etc. So, XI adapter is manadatory only at the receiver side.

check out this blog for more info:

[http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/ABAPProxy/page1.htm]

Regards,

Sunitha