cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Statistics - Configuration / Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

WE have update statistics jobs running everyday and I am aware it picks up objects and reports them for unbalanced indices depending on threshold set.

But we have occasionally observed that there are some transaction or for example printing jobs which perform slowly and when we rerun statistics for tables like TST03 the job runs better.

I am not sure whether Update Statistics job which is standard DB13 job available is going to cover every aspect.

Do we have to tweak settings for update statistics to ensure that statistics are absolutely up-to-date?

I am aware about DB21 used for flagging tables. It will greatly help if someone shares how to best deal with problems of getting statistics up-to-date automatically or any useful note / link.

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

WHat you could be seeing may have nothing to do with statistics. The storage, DB, OS, and SAP all cache data. So an update statistics not only updates the stats, it also as it reads the source table causes it to be put into memory for better performance. TO prove it, go to SE16 and do a list using a non-key field for this TST03. Then see if you get the same improvement as with the update stats.

The only other thing could be that the update stats runs prior to your daily SAP cleanup jobs but I doubt that is as important as the cache.

Good Luck.

Allan Stone

SAP Solutions Architect

EMC Solutions Design Center

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

which database you are using?, if its oracle there is

commands to tweak stats so that it is up to date.

brconnect options will help you do that.

Regards

Arun.H

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For TST03

Check the SAP Note 48400. as per the note RSPO1043 should be running

on the system daily for consitency check.

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for reply. But I was citing TST03 as an example.

I am looking for setting up updation of statistics on general for all tables.

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah