cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGui 7.20 and SapLogon.ini Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

We configure our install of SAPGui 7.20 to place a configured SAPLOGON.ini in C:\windows (WinXP).

Upon first use that file is then copied (as 7.20 is designed to do) to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SAP\Common for the individual user.

So how do I go about resetting the "1st use" flag so that if I have updates to SAPLOGON.ini ... I can put the updated file in C:\windows .... and when the user starts SAPLogon the updated file will overwrite the one in their '\sap\common\ location"?

Bob H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ren_agerskov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry, wrong thread

Edited by: René Agerskov on Sep 16, 2011 12:54 PM

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using centrally located file for ini file distribution. So you do not need to worry about updating ini file in each and every PC

What you need to do

Add system environment variable as below..

SAPLOGON_INI_FILE = \ \ <Shared location> \ <inifile>

This will be the easy way to manage ini file.

You can use multiple ini files for diffrent user groups from central location. And set this system environment variable through windows group policy.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

I have already experimented with centrally located saplogon.ini and that will not meet our needs.

There must be a way to update the file in the user's profile directory besides having them copy/paste it there.

Bob

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bob,

What if you manually remove file and start GUI again?

If its copy new file back then tell your infrastructure team to remove files through group policy for all users.

Thanks

Yogesh