cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP RFC Validations in WebDynpro for Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any idea how I can handle ABAP validations in WebDynrpo for Java. For example, there is a standard BAPI for (MM01), howare the validations and ECC Configurations (as in plant data etc) shown in WDJ. Do they also come as some drop-down or search help etc?

Thanks,

Vamshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

Any validation will give you error after executing the rfc only. Regarding search help (like getting drop down) in the front end its not available directly. You need to implement EVS or OVS to achieve it.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please let me know if I am building a WDJ application on MM02 like RFC (RFC for change material), how does the RFC behaeve says it is a standard RFC. And If I made some kind of customization for plant level data based on COuntry selection.

Can I have option like on the COuntry field section in WDJ (based on RFC), which will let the user give the user to select the plant data valid for this country.

Inputs will helpful.

Thanks,

Vamshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vamshi,

In broad terms this is what you will need

1) you need to configure JCOs (that is if they are not configured already)

2) you need to implement the necessary MODELS for your WD for JAVA. These models will then be used to retrieve data to and from your RFC.

There's plenty information on SDN on how to implement a MODEL in WD for JAVA.

Here's a nice one to begin with:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/FAQ-Models-Adaptive+RFC]

Kind Regards

/Ricardo Quintas