cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Readiness of Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Just need a clrafication, Our solution has the following setup and configuration which is ready for use

1-Chain Request Managment

2-Mainatence optimizer

3-System Mointering ( centerlized Monitering)

4-Service Desk

Just want is this solution manager is ready for use of functional consutant i.e creation of project, prepartion of business blue print document, Support or any setup or area need to configure for solution manger for use of functional consultant ?

Might be my question is not clear, simple I mean which area need to setup/configure in the solution manager for use of functional consultant or project implementation ?

Would be thankful if you guide me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A few more steps I could think of, which help the functional consultants:

- ST-ICO should be updated to the latest SP

- all required managed systems created in SMSY and corresponding logical components too created mapped to the product instance.

- RFC and authorization set between solution manager and satellite systems for users to 'jump-in' to the satellite system to configure SPRO activities.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Just one needs more clarification, based on the following configuration/setup

1-Chage Request Management

2-Mainatence optimizer

3-System Monitoring ( centralized Monitoring)

4-Service Desk

Can we use the following area of solution manager?

1. Solution Documentation

2. Solution Implementation

3. Template Management

4. Test Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ones you have configured definitely acts as a base for the rest. However additional configurations would also be required. Hence they would not be ready now, but can be configured for use.

http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman helps in configuring solution manager capabilities as per mapped to the various stages of the Application Lifecycle Management.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (0)