cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring of availability of SAP transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We would like to monitor whether or not the end users can access to specific transactios (e.g. within FI, CO or MM area).

So when the users cannot access these transactions codes a automatic notification (e.g. mail, sms) should be generated.

We already implemented CCMSPING agent, but this approach does not fulfill our requirements.

SAP Solution Manager 7.1 implements several approaches for the availability of transactions.

Has some one experience with the monitoring of SAP transactions and which of the following methods can be recommended?

1) Entry in the table ALTRAMONI on the managed system/CCMS

2) Business Process Monitoring

3) End User Experience Monitoring

Any helpful information will be very appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184465
Participant
0 Kudos

I would go for EEM. The script(s) can execute the transaction(s) and based on the result the EEM can trigger an alert. These alerts will go to the Alert Inbox (new with 7.1) of Solution Manager.

The alert Inbox can notify people in several ways (e.g. email) and create incidents automatically.

Regards Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Many thanks!

In case of EEM

1) Do I need to install the Diagnostics agent on all the SAP satellite systems or

2) it is sufficient to install the Diagnostic Agent only one on the Server of SAP Solution Manager?

What is case of SAP systems that only can be reached over SAP Router?

Thank you!

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

1)Yes. You need to. Actually many solution mananger scenario start using the SMD agent.

So you can consider installing the agent to your managed system is more or less "must to do activity for the solman itself".

It is not only for the RCA function any more. Others like EEM, BPMon <analytics>, DVM Cockpit, others also require it.

Because different applications use extractor framework.

2)EEM. First you need to record the script. GUI operation or browser based operation. (Both supported)

Then upload the script and deploy it to the some mashine (PC) near to your frontend.

Then the mashine execute script regulary (called robot).

So in your local pc (where you execute the script) regulary), you also need to install agent to execute script regulary.

Just normal PC is ok for htis purpose.

Last question. I am not sure... Hope other people can answer.

best regards

keiji

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Judging from the requirement, EEM(3) seems to fit.

In case of BPMon (2), you can monitor the performance/update error of certain transaction,

but if you want to monitor its alive, EEM seems better.

PS. EEM executes script in certain frequency.

So if the target operation is update operation,

I think you need to prepare dummy data.

EEM & BPMon has notification function.

Best Regards

Keiji