SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing downpayment with restriction A during invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I want to clearing a downpayment (6000 / 0020) that has origin in a downpayment request (6000 / 0010) and at this momento it have a restriction 'A' (can be clear in the next invoicing). I already add the downpayment (6000 / 0020) in R401 Spro - SAP utilities - Invoicing - invoice processing - item slection in invoicing - item selection in account maintainence / define sub item . But it's not clearing. I post it as a sub item and it shows as ACCINF.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Rodolfo

11 REPLIES 11

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the events 42 and R411.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi VR,

Are you talking about FQEVENTS?, if so they have no code. else please help me a little more.

Thanks,

Rodolfo

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please correct me if I'm not understanding your scenario correctly:

1. There is a down payment request (6000/0020) with clearing restriction 'A'.

2. You posted a payment. (6000/0010).

3. Now you do invoicing, but its not clearing the down payment request.

Is this correct?

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

No, I made a mistake in the OP::

1. There is a down payment request (3000/0010) with clearing restriction 'A'.

2. You posted a payment. (3000/0020).

3. Now you do invoicing, but its not clearing the down payment 3000 / 0020.

And I already add the 3000 / 0020 to item selection in account maintainence / define sub item, but it's not clearing

Regards,

Rodolfo

0 Kudos

Hi Rodolfo,

Try to remove the restriction 'A' from the down payment request through event R411 and see if that works

thanks,

VR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VR,

It doesn't trigger that R411 event. I tried to revome it on R401 but it still don't work.

Regards,

Rodolfo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I changed the restriction 'A' to a restriction '8' and it work fine for the first time, but after that if a some amount remain in the down payment (example: -45.23) it doesn't get cleared in the next invoice. I change the restriction indicator in the remainig back to '8' and it work fine again.

Now the question is which is the las event of invoicing that I can use to set restriction '8' in the down payment?

Regards,

Rodolfo

christiane_grammlich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

ist the problem that the clearing restriction 'A' isn't removed from DFKKOP during invoice or that the clearing restriction is removed, but no clearing occurs?

Best regards.

Christiane

0 Kudos

HI Christiane,

Sorry by the misexplain. This is the case:

- Somebody set down payment request 3000 / 0010

- When payment is done it turn in a down payment 3000 / 0020 with clearing restriction 'A'

- It doesn't clear with the next regular invoice.

- I change the configuration to have a down payment 3000 / 0020 with restriction '8'

- This result in a clearing in the next incoving, but if some credit remain in the down payment 3000 / 0020, the restiction '8' has been removed from DFKKOP and this will not allow clearing in future invoice.

- I set restriction '8' manually in this remaining credit in DFKKOP and it work fine.

So the new question is: Which event can I use to set this restriction '8' after the invoicing to the remaining credit in DFKKOP? or Should I set a job to do this during the night?

Regards,

Rodolfo

0 Kudos

Rodolfo:

My question then would be - what process are you trying to execute?

General process for a down payment is as follows:

Utility requests down payment (3000/0010)

Customer pays request (incoming payment)

Payment clears down payment request which automatically generates a held down payment posting (3000/0020).

as this is a held down payment, it should not be released until the full sale is complete. That is the purpose of the restriction code and the reason why you are not seeing a clearing.

If you want to clear immediately, then there seems to be no reason to use down payment.

Please clarify your business process. I think that there might be a gap between the functions, process and understanding.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the answer, I'm not trying to clear it immediately the down payment, that's the problem when I run the invoicing the down payment is not clearing. It seems I have all configured the wright way.

Regards,

Rodolfo