Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying transaction data between planning version - Not delete existing dat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I made copy from one version, like 000.

The result is Version A1 and A2. I copied everything(Master Data and Transaction Data).

For each version, i ran a MRP. But in differents periods. Like October and November.

After MRP, i have a lot Planning Orders in A1 and A2. But in differents months.

My question is: I want to merge A1 and A2 in another version(Merge only Planning Orders). How i can do this?

Using /SAPAPO/MVM or /SAPAPO/VERCOP i can copy all data from source to target. But always delete previous data.

Thanks

Best Regards.

Marcelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SNP area, we do have /SAPAPO/VERMER - Planning Version Merge. Is it helpful? Best regards/Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all replies.

i createad an new function.

To get data: BAPI_MOSRVAPS_GETLIST2

To save in another version: BAPI_MOSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI3

Best Regards.

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

This isn't the answer you WANT to hear. But there's no way to my knowledge to achieve your requirement using standard version copy functionality in APO.

One way to preserve the data for alternate / merged versions that I've found useful is to use the /SAPAPO/REL_TO_OLTP transaction to send volume data to the ECC client. If you are loading both inactive versions to BW, then you should be able to release that data from BW to ECC inactive/"long-term" simulation versions where it can be aggregated. That is to say, you could send A1 and A2 separately and they will simply add to one another, not overwrites (delete and re-create).

This being said, requirements using this transaction are sent as planned ind. requirements in ECC. This may not be the desired outcome that you're looking for, so you might have to be careful which key figure you send to represent volumes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Implementer.

I can't release these versions. I need find solution in the SCM.

Likely don't have standard solution. i'm doing debug of /SAPAPO/VERCOP. I

found some flags, i'm testing now.

Best Regards

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

One thing I've always wanted to try is using a custom data view and some custom macros to copy from one version to the other (using the alternate planning version functionality). Of course I'm not sure how this would work because you can't really select an alternate variable planning version when performing background processing......

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need a real APO developer to acheive this... But you can acheive using Macro and user function inside a Macro.

Regards,

Srini