cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Assignment in Inspection Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am kinda rusty in QM and hopefully you can provide me some insight on this question I have.

I notice that when creating an inspection plan, R/3 allows me to assign mutliple material (i.e. MATERIAL ASSIGNMENT) in a pop-up box.

What does it mean? Does it means all the material place inside the box (i.e. material asignment) means that they all can use this inspectoin plan? what is the function of this mateiral assignment?

thanks

tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For same inspection plan (group no.) with reference to different counter we can create different set of inspection and in material assignment we can assign Group counter, Material, Plant & Vendor or Customer combination as per our business requirement.

Lets say, you are using the MIC diameter for material X,Y and Z.

You have created an inspection plan for material X with MIC "Diameter" and the lower limit, upper limit and target value are 5,15 and 10. So for this the group counter will be 1.

If you want to use the same inspection plan for the material Y, with same values of MIC, in the material assignment you should enter group counter 1 and material as Y.

Now for material Z the MIC values are different, so you have to create a new group counter with different values of MIC.

IN material assignment you have enter the group counter 2 and material as Z.

Hope you understood now. Please go through the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/2d/351fb6448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Hari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tuffy,

You have guesses correctly, all all the material place inside the box (i.e. material asignment) can use this inspectoin plan.

And that is precisely the function of material assignment.

Regards

Sm.