cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consume a SAP CRM Web Service directly from an external server without PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I had a question, probably a very basic one.

Can we consume a web service created in SAP CRM 7.0 directly from an external server without the use of PI system?

As I know it is one of the capabilities of SAP CRM from 6.0.

I am getting an error while publishing a service. Something like cannot retrieve the SR version.

I checked SDN and found that Services Registry is a part of PI.

We dont have a PI system. We need to create a Web Service in SAP CRM 7.0 and get it consumed by an external server.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks

Gaurav Sahai

Edited by: Gaurav Sahai on Sep 12, 2011 4:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Can we consume a web service created in SAP CRM 7.0 directly from an external server without the use of PI system?

Only if direct external access to internal systems is allowed in your environment, this is never the case in all projects I've seen though. You'll need to go through architecture documents or consult someone that understands your technical landscape (what's in the DMZ - e.g. Web server with reverse proxies) better.

I am getting an error while publishing a service. Something like cannot retrieve the SR version.

In order to publish services you'll need a Service Registry to publish to (shipped with SAP PI or SAP CE or you can use a 3rd party UDDI V3 compliant registry). It's also not mandatory to publish web services in order to consume them though.

Your bigger problem is getting direct consumption access. Common practice is that web service calls are routed through a web server in the DMZ (between firewalls) using reverse proxies (and SSL) to mask the actual endpoints.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Trevor. Sorry for the late reply. got caught up in other things. But yes, we consumed the sap webservice from a 3rd party with out consuming it. and as you mentioned, we are taking care of bounces using forward/reverse proxies.

Thanks

Gaurav Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We have a similar requirement and are stuck. Can you briefly let us know how you resolved this ?

Regards,

Kris.

Answers (0)