cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format of PI messageID in mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a message-mapping (inbound messages from external partners), I have a UDF where I read the PI messageID from runtime as described in differnt posts here. The messageId is mapped in an IDoc text field. Unfortunately the format of the messageID is different compared to the messageID I see in sxmb_moni in SOAP header.

In sxmb_moni it is like this: A1B-c2C

The result in my mapping / IDoc is: a1bc2c

The problem is the missing - characters. Any idea about this problem? I need the messageID exactly as it is shown in sxmb_moni.

Otherwise I maybe could rebuild the messageID in the format which I need. To do this I should know how the messageID is built up in general: Are the "-" alwasy in the same place?

Thanks,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the target field's data type. It might be due to data type mismatch.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as the target is a IDoc XML structre, I think the data type does not matter. Besides I map the messageID into a TDLINE text segment, so this should not be a problem.

So I think I will have to implement a UDF to format the messageID as described by Mark.

Thanks,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Can you test using the test tab in message mapping of design time configurations, we can come to know at-least the UDF is fine

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

well, the UDF is working fine, and the messageID is mapped into the IDoc. The problem is just the format of the messageID.

When I test it in the mapping test environment (by setting a dummy messageID like a1a-b2b int he parameter tab), the format of the messageID is just fine. But during runtime the format of the messageID is different.

Thanks,

CHristoph

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

But during runtime the format of the messageID is different.

The runtime format should be like this:

XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX

Where all the letters are capitalized.

Hope this helps,

Mark