cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot time Write to Sales Order Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cannot time write to the sales order assigned to the WBS.

I get the error message "Account 943110 requires an assignment to a CO object"

Employee is assigned a default activity type and cost center in info type 315 in PA30. How can I correct this error so I can time write to the sales order?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By changing the activity type Unit to Hours(since time is entered in hours rather than days) I can now determine cost as well as quantities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The person for which you are netring the time, is he internal or external employee? I think you will recieve this kind of error not for internal employee but external employee as G/L account is not referred for this kind of transaction.

If it is external employee, please check the G/L account determined from Purchase order, may be it is created as cost element when it is not suppose to. Also get you FICO consultant in loop for this issue.

SImply to get over this error, you will need to assign a cost object in cost element but may not be correct procedure.

regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While booking timesheet what objects do enter as the sender and the receiver? try to put Sender cost center, activity type and Receiver Sales order. Try this and revert.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

The entry fields are sales order number, item number and the activity type number. The field for entering the cost center is not displayed. Upon entering the activity type, the same error message still appears....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Get in touch with your HR consultant and check the transaction CAC2 for Field Selection. Maybe certain fields are hidden. In CAC2 double click on Data Entry section and check if any of the mentioned fields are hidden. Take assistance from your HR consultant if you are not able to do this.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. I have displayed all cost center fields. The error still persists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can now time write to the sales order item. The sales order item was assigned to a WBS. Apparently that was why I had the error message. Once I removed the WBS assigned in the Sales order, I could time write to the item. The problem now is that after time writing to the sales order and transferring to target system, when I bill with DP90, only the quantities are pulled up. No amounts are recorded...

Former Member
0 Kudos

My activity types have unit of measurement as Days, the material in the sales order has units in days, the price in kp26 is also maintained in days. I just did a test where I created a new activity type with Hour as the unit of measurement and I changed the unit in the sales order to hours as well. I also maintained the price in KP26 in hrs and time writing was in hours. When I billed in DP90, it generated the price as well as the quantity. Is it because my activity price was maintained in a different unit of measurement from the unit used in time writing, is that why I was not getting price before in DP90? How do I time-write in days?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wanted to share one info on UoM Day. Activity Type UoM is Day, KP26 rate is maintained is Day. Now when you do time entry lets say you entered 1 in the date cell. System does not treat this as 1 day. In CAT2 it will still be number of hours. But System will convert this 1 hr to Day using the conversion rate mentioned in configuration. So in your firts example system would have still calculated the cost but it could be so low that it appeared as 0. So if your UoM is day, in you CAT2 you still need to enter the equivalent number of hours. Hope this helps.

Regards

Sreekanth

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

hI,

You mentioned that after removing the WBS from sales order error is resolved. But I am not able to understand which a/c assignment is used if not WBS.

Experts : When WBS is present in sales order then why system was giving the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cost is assigned to the Sales Order and you time write to the sales order and not the WBS.