cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP Profile for T&M billing not billing correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a DIP profile for resource related billing. The source is Actual Cost Line Items and I have maintained material determination for each relevant material and criteria with a cost element set and an activity type corresponding to the material in the material determination. I have two questions:

1. when I try to bill with this DIP profile in DP90, I get this message: 'There is more than one sales order or contract item for WBS element'. When I then restrict it to a single sales order item, it only pulls up the quantity i.e number of hours spent in the debit memo request with no costs attached. How can I get it to include costs? Also, I want to be able to bill several sales order items at the same time, how can I achieve this?

2. Time has been written to a WBS but in CATA, after approving the time written to the WBS, I get the message 'no records for transfer to PS'. Is this why the cost is not being billed? How do I correct this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you released the time entries and approved it before doing CATA?

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Time entries have been approved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you choosing the correct period and entering the correct personnel number while doing CATA?

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am.... Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine. What are the settings that you have maintained in your DIP profile? Are you able to see the recorded times in any of the timesheet reports. Also check report CJI3 to check if you can see the actual costs for these recorded times. I am aware that CATA is not done. Just check in case it was executed before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CJI3, there are no values against the dates just 0 for each date when time entry was made.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Settings for DIP Profile:

Usage - Billing and Result Analysis

Material Determination is a list of my service materials for which T&M is relevant

Criteria: Set for Cost Element, and a single activity type

Also cannot time write to the sales order assigned to the WBS. I get the error message "Account 943110 requires an assignment to a CO object"

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check for the time entry cost calculation activity type you are using for that rate is maintained for the specified period with correct cost center / cost element.

After time booking and approving please check CO transfer is happened.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you do time transfer mae sure the "Test Run" is not checked. If you did time entry agains network activity then try also CAT5 or if it is a WBS Element try CAT7.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand from all the post that, you are using CATS for time entry.

If the receiver cost object is WBS element, transfer to PS will not happen. Only CO will happen when you are trying CATA.

Hope you are using activity type and cost center combination which is having the cost when you are entering CAT2.

If you are using network as a cost object with activity, PS transfer will happen for sure when trying CATA.

Check the report CJI3, Cost element line item report that, hours and cost is getting updated or no giving the WBS Element and posting date as a input.

In ODP1, hope you have mainatined activity type sets and also test with actual cost -line items and also total records.

If you are using the same WBS Element for multiple sales line items, you need to maintain line items using DP91 transaction.

Iam sure it should work.

Regards

N.Raju