Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC10 - Master Data / Rule Setup Time out

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured most of the GRC 10.0 functionality but am still faced with a ICM time out on the Master Data and Rule Setup tabs. I have tried adjuting the parameters to increase the look up time allowed but it still errors out when clicking on these tabs (it just takes longer to time out now!

Have any of you also encountered this time out problem on these specific tabs? Is there anything I can do to get these working more efficiently?

At the moment, I don't even know if the information held on these tabs is covered elsewhere in the Infoviews as they have never generated.

Please advise.

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Go to SMICM. and check the parameters for HTTP/HTTPS (whichever you are using for GRC 10.0 nwbc). Try changing the Keep Alive and Max Processing Time as per your your requirement (e.g. 900 secs). Hope it'll help the timeout issue to be resolved.

Thanks,

Guru

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have amended the parameter in RZ10 to give it extra time.

I am concerned that these tabs should not necessarily take that long to reach a response in the first place.

Can you confirm if you have encountered similar issues?

Simon

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

As I expected, increasing the time out parameter did not resolve the issue, it just took longer to time out!

Any further advise greatly appreciated.

Simon

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

What was my understanding that after 5-7 mins you are facing time out error. That's why I suggested to increase the parameters in SMICM. Not clear What and when you are facing the probelm exactly. 1) you opened the nwbc and left it open like that and working on something else (on other work centres). After 10-15 mins you are coming back and trying to perform some activities on the same work centre of nwbc, then you are getting time out error. If this is the case i think it's obvious. We are also getting the same issue after sometime if we are leaving it idle for some time (10-15 mins). Just refresh the page. It's working fine again. May be I am hitting at the wrong point. Can you please clarify.

Thanks,

Guru

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

You are correct in that it is exactly this time out which I am suffering with but it is not simply that it is left idle and therefore timing out due to inactivity.

The screen has never rendered properly and even when refreshing, it just sits there with the timer running and then times out.

It is almost likethe service is trying to call a function but not receiving anything back from the ABAP engine but I don't know what to check on the SAP system to debug the issue.

Thanks, Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

I am experiencing the same issue. I opened up a message with SAP but they returned me with the same response to increase the time before a runtime error. We increased this to 20 minutes and still no luck. Clearly this is not the solution. I have not yet received anything else back from SAP.

Thanks,

Madhu

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Bizarrely, one of my colleauges (with less access than me) is able to use these tab without issue. I copied his ID into a test acount which then works fine.

I need to do some further digging to find out whether it's just losing the required authorisations in an overly full user buffer or try amending the authorisations assigned to isolate the ones which are really required.

I think that this is going to take some time but at least I can use our sandbox with a combination of the different IDs. Segregation in action!!

Simon