cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.tmp files genrated along with XML files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here my Interfaces are type of RFC- XI - FTP.

these are running successfully past long time and creating XML files in the target directory of FTP aplication system. Along with XML files this time abnormally .tmp files were generated in the Target directory of FTP application system. This was occured only one time few days back.

The generated XML files in target FTP system as usually read by Application system and processed in the sytem.

And tmp files generated are as XI_ftp_XI_ftp_0c200300-704c.tmp

could you all please let me know what could be the reason for happening this like generation of .tmp files abnoramally in Target FTP application system.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please chk the reciver adpter wheteher the option is "Directly" or "Write to temporary Files".

Regards

sai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether you have choosen Write Mode as Temporary File at that time.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for reply.

The Write mode is "Use temporary file"

But we have not got these .tmp files earlier and we have not mentioned any temporary file name sceme too.

Could any body please explain will .tmp files are generated randomly?

If i keep 'Directly' mode, will it keeps only the XML files in target directory?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Use temporary file" will write a temporary file at the target location . Once it is successfully written then the file name will be changed to the actual file required. Its done for the intention that no other application tries to read it before completely written.

You might have seen the files which are not finished completely. Or due to some communication failure they are nor not replaced.

By Keeping 'Directly' mode, it will write the actual file directly.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raj.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if in the receiver ftp adapter, the write mode is selected as "Directly" or as "write temporary file"

Regards