cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overhead Cost not getting posted/updated on project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PS Masters

I have scenario where some primary cost allocated to selected cost centers has to be posted on projects in the form of overhead. There are no network and activities but only WBSs. I have configured costing sheet as below

1) Base -pri maryCost elements assigned on which overhead cost is required,

2)Overehad- dependancy OH Type/OH Key- Percentage overhead defined.

3)Credit Key- required cost center is assigned along with overhead cost element with appropriate validity and %Fixd=*.

4)The costing sheet and Oh key has been assigned to appropriate WBS element.

After running CJ44, program is picking up object and calculating WBS. But when I see log for detailed list in dialogue display ,there are no debits observed. The line item report for project also does not show any overhead cost. Even there is no updation of data base table like COEP -actual cost. I need your valuable inputs on this issue as I am not getting any errors in CJ44.

Best Regards

Adwait A Deshpande

Edited by: Deshpande Adwait on Sep 12, 2011 12:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sreekant For helping me to solve this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreekanth

Thanks for your input. Yes it is working now after posting cost under same CE as what I have maintained in Base of costing sheet on required WBS..

I was under impression that the cost lying in cost center can be pulled out indepedantly on WBS through costing sheet based upon percentage mentioned in overhead.However I am observing now that the cost posted on WBS is taken as base amount to calculate overhead.

In my case, Eur 100 cost is posted under primary cost element 652100 on WBS and Eur 2000 cost is posted on Cost center under same Cost element Actually I am required to pull out some percentage of cost Eur2000 on cost center to WBS. However,

currently it is taking Rs 100 (posted on WBS) as basline cost and calculating overhead over it and posting it to WBS again under overhead cost element.

Can we handle this through costing sheet or for that Assessment distribution is must? May I expect the answer.

Best Regards

Adwait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether you can use costing sheet to post a percentage of cost from one cost object to another.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you post any cost on WBS against those cost elements that has been set up in OH Key. If not post some cost and then run the CJ44 / CJ45.

Regards

Sreekanth