cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI on SUSE Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are installing SAP ECC 6.0 Ehp5 on SUSE Linux 11.4.

We have an issue pertaining to the SAP GUI for Java on Linux. We have successfully installed PlatinGUI_LInux_720 rev6 following the links SAPGUI FAmily on sdn and .

Installation is woprking fine however we are not able to see the screens(SE51) in screen editor also when we go into SMARTFORMS in display/change mode we get an error "Current Computer Architecture is not supported".

Your urgent help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAPGUI for JAVA is a limited client. you cannot handle smartforms with this client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Eric,

thanx for your reply.

Can you tell me how to resolve this issue?

Can we use these functionality through SAP GUI on HTML?

Thanx & Regards

Ajitabh

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unfortunately, no.

Only SAPGUI for Windows can be used for Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Eric,

thanx for your reply.

Is it possible to run SAPGUI windows on linux?

As i have tried to run this through Wine,but unfortunately unable to resolve the issue.

Kindly help me out regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

One solution I use is having a windows virtual machine with the SAPGUI for windows installed in it.

I use Oracle virtual box to do so for example.

Quite a "heavy" solution but I did not find anything better for this issue.

I also tried to fire up the SAPGUI through Wine but it didn't work. By the way i'm not even sure that all the functionnalities would have worked anyway ( thinking of office integration functions etc... ).

To summarize : SAPGUI for windows is the only GUI offering all the functionnalities. Limitations appear on any other GUI types ( PlatinGUI, webgui through sicf etc... ). So far you still need the Windows Gui to have all the functionnalities working. Seems not to have any better solution but running any kind of virtual box with te SAPgui in it.

Cheers,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Java GUI is not recommended to be given for Developers as like it was told by our friends that it has limitations. I had faced this problem in our implementation also and a decision is taken and for developers we have provided XP systems only with Windows GUI.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanx for your reply.

As i asked is it possible to run SAPGUI for Windows on openSuse 11.04 or Ubuntu through Wine or crossover Application?

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe maybe not.

if you have a solution to run any other Windows application, you will be able to run SAPGUI for Windows.