cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diference Between NW and NW CE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Due my limited knowledge about Netweaver Platform, I need to understand the diference between SAP NW (for example 7.0) and SAP NW CE (for example 7.2):

My interest about Netweaver platform began when we started to install a Third-Party solution (NAKISA). One of the Nakisa requirement is SAP NW CE, so my questions are:

1.- If we have running a SAP Netweaver Portal 7.0 with ESS/MSS, Could we upgrade to NW CE 7.2 and still running ESS/MSS?

2.- Is it possible install SAP NW CE on a same server that SAP ERP (for example HCM)?

3.- In a clean installation, Is SAP NW CE 7.2 enough to run SAP Portal ESS/MSS? I mean, Is some software unit/usage type (for example EP Core) necesary? or just deploy the Business Package for ESS and that is all.

I'll realy appreciate your help.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In essence, Netweaver is mainly an application server while CE is intended to be more from a development perspective.

Check

1.- If we have running a SAP Netweaver Portal 7.0 with ESS/MSS, Could we upgrade to NW CE 7.2 and still running ESS/MSS?

This would not be possible. To upgrade to CE 7.2 you should be on a corresponding CE lower version.

2.- Is it possible install SAP NW CE on a same server that SAP ERP (for example HCM)?

Yes it would be possible, but depends on the hardware also. For productive systems, it would not be recommended.

3.- In a clean installation, Is SAP NW CE 7.2 enough to run SAP Portal ESS/MSS? I mean, Is some software unit/usage type (for example EP Core) necesary? or just deploy the Business Package for ESS and that is all.

You could deploy the ESS/MSS business packages and perform the necessary configuration. The corresponding technical usage required on CE side would be Composition Environment which include the EP.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikishan,

The information was very helpful

Kind Regards

Answers (0)