cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice through PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help me in understanding the concept of publishing thwe webservices through PI?

Also,please suggest me the blogs mentioning

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple... If PI wants to consume webservices of third party, we dont publish the web service in the service registry. We simple create scenario using SOAP adaper (Receiver) and consume web service. In this case, we import WSDL of third party and use as receiver or target data structure. In configuration level, use soap adapter and specify the WSDL url and action in the comm channel.

If PI needs to host web service for others to consume then we basically use SOAP sender and create WSDL. Also in this case we publish the web service in the service registry. Hope that helps.

Have you seen this [link |http://www.riyaz.net/blog/pi-71-publishing-service-interface-as-a-webservice-in-sr/technology/sap/527/]for publishing the service interface in registry?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sheweta,

When PI want to receive any messages we are publishing the WS.

And if PI want to send message we are consuming WS.

Simple rule .. who consumes the WS will initiate the message or send the request

Or in bigger way we can say that through WS we want someone else to use our services.

We can publish the WS using many way. In pi 7.1 we have service registry where we can publish our WS.

Regards,

Navneet Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shweta,

Kindly check the blog below on how to create a webservice and consume it..

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/xipi-consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-part-i/technology/sap/6/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruthi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I need the blog mentioning the way to publish the webservice through PI and not to consume the webservice.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Please go through this blog

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go through this blog

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are working on PI 7.1you can publish the webservice onto the registry, kindly check the llink below,