cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavigateAbsolute in portal 7.3 doesnt function properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

In portal 7.0 we had transaction iviews with parameters being passed to them.

these iviews were called by WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("PCD", Navigation Mode, history mode , business parameters");

These parameters were just a simple string, for example:

The destination transaction was a program with a selection screen and two parameters.

the params were transferred like this: "PARAM1=ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV&PARAM2=ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV".

Now , this doesn't work in portal 7.3!

If i attempt to do this, the params are cut and only receive the first 5 letters, resulting in the program receiving just the first 5 letters of the first parameter, and not receiving the second one at all (The program gets PARAM1 = ABCDE, the second parameter is empty)

I also tried using String strBusinessPARAMS = URLEncoder.encode (PARAM1, "UTF-8") + "=" URLEncoder.encode("ABCDEFGHJKLMNOPQRRSUTV", "UTF-8") + "&" +

URLEncoder.encode (PARAM2, "UTF-8") + "=" URLEncoder.encode("ABCDEFGHJKLMNOPQRRSUTV", "UTF-8".

This results in the same result.

I even tried using relative URL instead of pcd, this results in the "&" signs being replaced with the ascii representation of them and not working at all.

the iview properties are of course the same as in the previous portal 7.0.

with "parameters transferred to transaction being "*" and ok field being "=")

Am i doing something wrong? because this is truly bothering me.

Thanks in advance! Eli.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the help documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/3c4a140f841cbbe10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

I don't see diff. Try according to it. Crosscheck ur code, if every thing is correct then, raise the ticket to SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

cmon guros,

Is there anyone here that this command works as desired for him? my parameters are cut and i just cant figure out why.

thanks alot!