cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Upload of Document in DMS using BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm not able to upload Documents using BAPI (BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2) from SE37 as well as an RFC call (using Java)

On executing it provides with a new Document No. but Files does not get uploaded.

Also, when I use BAPI (CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN), it uploads the file when used from SAP System (through SE37), but if called through RFC (using Java) , it does not uploads the file.

When providing the same details using CV01N or CV02N , Documents from systems gets attached/ uploaded.

Please help!!

I'm trying the same for past 8-9 days but without any luck.

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Please note that the functionality you would like to realize is a very special one for which no standard solution exists. However, API-s are more flexible in some cases, i.e. CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN with RFC destinations defined as SAPHTTPA/SAPFTPA could fulfill your requirements.

Please see also SAP note 504692, which contains sample programs for the checkin in background. Further please see also the other SAP note 796709 which contain also necessary information for this action too.

As additional information source kindly go through the note 729800. This will be of use for the current issue. If one uses BAPI's in via RFC-Lib, the ABAP-System makes a callback and starts the saphttp, sapftp via the open RFC channel. Therefore the RFC-Client has to allow this by calling RfcAllowStartProgram("sapftp;saphttp"). In note 144256 the process is cleary explained.

Best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I have gone through the SAP notes, quite helpful, but still it does not solve my issues.

I'm not getting any such error mentioned in SAP Notes but still not able to upload files.

Please advice further.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

where u able to solve the problem, i am facing same issue