Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DROP Down By Index in Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I 've a small doubt in Drop down by Index in ABAP-Webdynpro

I have two Dropdown, In first dropdown i have few Departmnet name for EX:- Dept1 , dept2 etc..

based upon DEPT from first drop down i need to get the employee deails in second dropdown.

scenario:-

if i will chosse dept1 in first dropdown in second dropdown dept1 employee should populate

iif i will chosse dept2 in first dropdown in second dropdown dept2 employee should populate

Thanks...

Edited by: Rakshar on Sep 12, 2011 7:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably both DDB Key and DDB Index may not be suitable for implementing your requirement. Sometimes reusing existing ABAP dictionary search helps is not sufficient for example: when the value help should take into account or fill multiple input fields of your view composition.

Your requirment may need some programming to be done and you may need to use a different type of value help referred to as the Object Value Selector (OVS).

Thanks,

Amit.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is working now...

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think arpan has already outlined. I would model it like a master - detail, every master has 0..n detail records.

In that sense if you bind two of your DDBI to two different nodes and fill the first node and on every selection of master retrieve the details. You can very well use the supply methods to get the details records based on the master record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakshar,

1. Add an onSelect event to the Dropdown 1.

2. In the event handler get the the selected value of Dropdown 1 from the context of the same. Based on the selected value, retrieve the data to be displayed in Dropdown 2 ( for example data from a table)

3. Invalidate the context for Dropdown 2

4. Bind the data retrieved from table to the context for Dropdown 2 by using method BIND_TABLE

Let me know if you face any difficulty.

Regards,

Arpan