cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

versions of RFX in srm 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

We are in SRM 7, when I am trying to publish a bid the version of the bid changes to 2 insted of 1, If again the bid is republish the version changes to 3 but in tracking it show version 1 as a historical doc.

Is it standard behavior??or should I raise it to SAP ?

As per my understanding first change should be caught as version 1 and then it should change to 2 then 3 ....

Can any one please make me understand the versioning in RFx.

Thanks & Regards

NITIN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check and apply SAP Note : 1417385

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have checked the note you have suggested , this note is for versions of responses from supplier, and as per the package required given, we are on higher support package.

My problem is I am getting directly version 2 after initial publishing of the bid. Is there any configuration I need to check ??

Thanks & Regards

NITIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the standard of SRM versioning. When the RFx is first published, an identical historical copy of the active document is created and marked as version 1 and the active document is hence marked as number 2. The next revision would increase the historical version to 2 and the active to 3. So on so forth. This version numbering is considered the "internal version" for RFx. However, the bidder would see the "external version" of the RFx, which is starting from 1 and on, not 2, to avoid confusion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

Do you mean to say that very first version of the rfx witll be 2 directly insted of 1 ??

NITIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean to say that very first version of the rfx witll be 2 directly insted of 1 ??

Just to make sure our understanding is the same - if versioning is tured on, when an SRM document is first ordered(PO)/published(RFX)/released(Contract)/submitted(RFX Response)/... , the active document version number is 2. And the historical version number for that document is 2. Take a look at the "Versions" section of a document via transaction BBP_PD.

And again, the version number for active document is largely meant for internal use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

Thanks for your clarification,

Will you please clarify the system behaviour for the Response version also ?? As I am seeing the version 2 as the active version for the first response and parallely historical version 1 , in the bbp_pd,

But on the portal, Response version is still 1. which version I have to take in to account for our further development ??

Thanks in advance

NITIN

Edited by: nitinkk on Nov 10, 2011 7:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Version 1 will be the original Rfx thereafter it is 2 and 3 and it is goinf on.

This is the standard behaviour in SRM 7.0.

for clarification purpose better to raise OSS message with SAP

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar