cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOC_CHANGE_BADI not triggered for OLD SC-SAVE mode for EDIT->SAVE steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We have SRM7.0 ( SP08) with ECC6 ( Ehp4) having Classic Scenario.

In our business Price list ( Price in ECC Contract) will be always change so, we have done small enhancement in BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI in method BBP_SC_CHANGE, to get latest Price of the already assigned SoS ( ECC Contract ).

When we create new SC/Template from scratch or copying old SC or Template it brings latest prices correctly .

Case 1)Template - If we EDIT Template & just click on u201CSAVE AS TEMPLATEu201D button (w/o any change!) .. Doc Change BADi called & Template items updates with latest Prices .

Case 2) OLD SC in SAVE Mode -But exactly same is not happening with OLD SC with SAVE mode ? i.e. When we open Old SC in EDIT Mode and SAVE it ( or even Check and refresh it) ..it do not updates items with latest Prices of Contract. It means Doc Change BADi is not getting called..by clicking on just EDIT and SAVE buttons, unlike Template .

If we have to change something i.e. enter some Text or add one line Item and deleted it again..etc, then only Doc Change BADi is getting called and updated with latest pricesu2026which is not recommendable ..to change the OLD SC in SAVE mode every time.

Can anyone please suggest/confirm, why DOC_CHANGE_BADI is not getting triggered in case of Mode , if we open OLD SC( SAVE status) in EDIT Mode and just SAVE it..just like Template ?

What can be done to achieve above ?

Thank you .

NAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having the same SRM release and SP level. I did a brief test for the two scenarios you mentioned. There was no difference for me: neither template edit/save without change or old SC edit/save without change went through BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI implementation. And I wouldn't expect there is a different behavior here as an SC template is also technically an SC document. I would suggest that you make an attempt to change the price in BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI implementation instead.