cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger dataloss-popup in BEFORE_NEEDS_CONFIRMATION ?

franz_essl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi FPM-Experts,

I wanted to test the functionality of the Application-Controller, so i implemented the Web-Dynpro-Component-Interface IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER.

It is possible to trigger a dataloss-popup in the Method AFTER_NEEDS_CONFIRMATION

using the changing-parameter ct_confirmation_requests

In the method BEFORE_NEEDS_CONFIRMATION there is no such parameter.

So how to trigger a FPM-dataloss-popup in this method?

Or is there a reason, why the method is not prepared for that?

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments,

Franz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i understand data loss is to be implemented in needs_confirmation method.

eo_confirmation_request =

cl_fpm_confirmation_request=>go_data_loss.

My guess is that Before_needs_confirmation would be called just before rendering the dataloss popup and the after_needs_confirmation is called after the popup is rendered,user action happened.

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Franz,

why would you need to raise a data-loss popup already in BEFORE_NEEDS_CONFIRMATION? The logic here is that every involved component is asked whether it needs a confirmation popup. First all involved UIBBs and then the application controller. Issuing the data-loss popup in BEFORE_NEEDS_CONFIRMATION would only changet the sequence of asking all the involved components. There is happening nothing in between and all involved components are asked in any case, even if there is already a confirmation request issued.

So I don't see why such an option would be necessary? Maybe I miss something?

Best regards,

Christian

franz_essl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers,

@Baskaran:

Yes, dataloss-Popups can be triggered from the UIBB-Components using needs_confirmation as you mentioned.

The meaning of the application-controller is to have a central component with methods, that are executed before and after the UIBB-Component-Methods.

So after_needs_confirmation is executed directly after needs_confoirmation of all UIBB-components

and you can also trigger a (lets say central) dataloss-popup in after_needs_confirmation.

@Christian

First I have to say, that I just expected any kind of export-parameter in "before_needs_confirmation" to influence the dataloss-popup-behaviour (because in my opinion thats the meaning of the method) or the FPM-phase-model.

You are absolutely right, that "after_needs_confirmation" is sufficient to trigger a "central" dataloss-popup.

Using ct_confirmation_requests I can put my confirmation-request on top of the stack or even delete existing ones.

Interesting (good) thing is, that if you have multiple confimation-requests and you use the button "Cancel" in one of the popups, all the following popups are not displayed.

Thanks for your comments,

Franz