cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy, Correct Steps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have an VMWare SAP ECC 6.0 running on Windows 2003, and I would like to have another client copy for my new configuration and testing. I plan to have client 100, 110 and 120 (sandbox).

My steps are:

1) Log in client 800, Tcode: SCC4, create new client (without copying from existing, as I found that if I copy from any existing client, I will faced error during SCCL stage). For example, I using SCC4, and created client 100

2) Log client 100 using userid/password: sap* / pass

3) After logging in client 100 (created in step 1), I use Tcode SCCL to perform the client copy:

Questions, what should be the following correct parameters to be filled in:

Target client: 100 (this is defaulted, as I logged in in client 100, and want to make client copy yo this client)

Selected Profile: xxxx? What should be the correct Profile? I search Internet, and found that should be SAP_ALL

Description: is based on selected Profile.

Source client: xxx? What is the recommended source client? I read from the Internet, it should be client 000

Source client user masters: xxx? What client should be selected for this? What is the purpose for this selection parameters?

Thanks in advance.

sbmel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sbmel,

Target client: 100 (this is defaulted, as I logged in in client 100, and want to make client copy yo this client)

Yes, you should login to the destination client that you are going to create.

Selected Profile: xxxx? What should be the correct Profile? I search Internet, and found that should be SAP_ALL

That depends on the purpose of the client.. If you want to have a test client for customizing only, you can choose SAP_CUST, etc. In case you want to use it as a copy of the complete source client, you should use SAP_ALL

Source client: xxx? What is the recommended source client? I read from the Internet, it should be client 000

In case it's a fresh install, you should use client 000.

Source client user masters: xxx? What client should be selected for this? What is the purpose for this selection parameters?

Same as for the previous point; in case it's a fresh install, just use the user master of client 000. The purpose is that you don't have to create all the users and profiles manually after the client copy.

Kind regards,

Mark