cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with language installation in ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am a newbie in SAP. i have installed an ECC 6.0 System and now i wanna install Farsi language in it.

in SMLT Transaction i try to create the language to import the package for it, but there is no "Farsi" in the menu which appears after clicking "Language" button in SMLT transaction, what should i do to install farsi? isn't it the correct path? i mean to add the language in SMLT and then clicking import package icon in front of the language and then importing the PAT file?

By the way, where can I find the proper PAT file for Farsi? I am sure that SAP supports Farsi language.

Regards,

Meysam Kermani

Edited by: meysamk2011 on Sep 11, 2011 9:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Meysam,

please check SAP note 981731.

Excerpt (begin):

Language FA for R/3 4.70 Extension Set 1 is to install. FA is not an SAP

Standard Language. It is available on R/3 4.70 Extension Set 1 ONLY.

Excerpt (end).

Hence unfortunately your release is not supported with Farsi.

You can however setup the language key via rscpinst and supplement this one with EN (and do your own translations).

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nils,

Thanks for your helpful reply

What is the supporting version? i should install something else? not ECC 6.0? let me know which version is supporting FA?

and about "rscpinst", can you refer me a note or something, how should i change this source to support my translation?

Best Regards,

Meysam

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way; may i solve my problem with a downgrade?

Thanks

Edited by: meysamk2011 on Sep 13, 2011 6:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, problem can't be resolved with a 'downgrade'.

What is the supporting version? - R/3 4.7

i should install something else? not ECC 6.0? let me know which version is supporting FA? - R/3 4.7

and about "rscpinst", can you refer me a note or something, how should i change this source to support my translation? -

Note 42305 - RSCPINST (I18N configuration tool)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go through the Note 330104 - Transportrequests used for language delivery // SRx, to find proper PAT file/DVD number for the required language.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Farsi could be referred to as Persian in the SMLT language list. Maybe this suffices your requirements.?

Check Note 195442 for the procedure to install additional languages. Also the language packs are available at the SMP http://service.sap.com/swdc.

Regards,

Srikishan