cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forecast model selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

can anyone pls explain me how the fcst models are selected during DP implementation. especially when we have ovet 1000 products and when users have no knowledge abt forecasting.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if the users don't know about forecasting, let us hope that the consultant who implements their DP for them knows what he is doing.

Normally, when forecasting is new to the users, you let the system pick the forecast using Automatic Model Selection.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/19/06f754e2ed11d3b78d0000e82debc6/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks. i would like to know how those 1000 products are analyzed n assigned to the fcst models...

are they analyzed ondividually or in a group...if in a group how......

at this moment im not interested in automodel selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

During auto model selection, each forecasted object is first initialized, then analyzed, then forecasted, individually.

at this moment i'm not interested in automodel selection

No problem; just pick one of the simplest models, such as 'Constant' or 'Trend'. You already said that the client's users are not familiar with forecasting, so they don't really have any business requirement to fill; they won't care as long as they get a forecast.

I recommend that you not lose a lot of sleep on this issue. This is not like other implementations you may have done, where the results must strictly meet certain business rules. In the end, the output is just a forecast, a prediction of the future. The forecast will be wrong no matter what you do, since humans cannot predict the future. At least the ones that I know cannot......

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)