Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version of diagnostics agent to install for PI 7.1 system

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm looking to install the diagnostics agent on a PI 7.1 system, but the documentation for the installation under service.sap.com/dianostics isn't very clear.

Under "installation and Configuration", I've reviewed the "Diagnostics Agent Setup Guide". Under section 2.2 "Diagnostics Agent version to install", it has the following table:

Solution Manager -- Managed Version-- Diagnostics Agent Version / SAP Note

Versions 7.00 (prior to EhP1)-- 6.40, 7.0, 7.0 EhP1 & 2, 7.1 EhP1-- 7.01 SR1 SAP Note 1357812

Versions 7.0 EhP1 >= SP 18-- 6.40, 7.0, 7.0 EhP1 & 2, 7.1 EhP1-- 7.01 SR1; SAP Note 1357812

I'm currently on SolMan version 7.0 EhP1 SPS 07. So I guess I go with the first line? When I check note 17357812, there is no entry in there for support for PI 7.1, even though the table in the Diagnostics agent setup guide says "7.1 EhP1" is supported (see above)". It also says in that note that a diagnostics agent is always installed and you need only need to install one on a system based only on ABAP. But there is no agent on my system, which is PI 7.1 (double stack)>

Basically, my version of Solution Manager (EhP1, SPS07) isn't even listed in the table above, as it says "Solman versions 7.00 (prior to EhP1", but the next entry is "Versions 7.0 EhP1 >= SP 18". So where does a Solman EhP1 SPS 07 system fall under that table and can I add an agent for PI 7.1 at all?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by: George Hamilton on Sep 10, 2011 11:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There would not be a version which is called Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 SPS07.

Solution Manager 7.0 SP00 upto SP17 -> Is referred to as SolMan 7.0 only (i.e. prior to SolMan 7.0 EhP1)

Solution Manager 7.0 SP18 onwards -> Is referred to as SolMan 7.0 EhP1

So if your system is a SolMan 7.0 EhP1 it has to be at SP level higher than 17 - else it just a SolMan 7.0 SP07 system.

And also you would really need to update the system to latest level i.e SolMan 7.0 EhP1 SP26.

Regards,

Srikishan

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. But the system information shows Solution Manager EhP1 "7.01 SPS 07". So what is that equivalent too? Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your solution manager system (ABAP Stack), please navigate to System -> status -> Component Information (magnify glass)

From here, let us know the version and SP level for Netweaver components (like SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA, SAP_BW) and ST component. This can be mapped to the Solution Manager stack definitions at http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks.

Regards,

Srikishan

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Here's the list:

Software Component Release Level

SAP_ABA 7.01 007

SAP_BASIS 7.01 007

PI_BASIS 7.01 007

SAP_BW 7.01 007

ST 400 26

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

As you have Solman at level SP26, I recommend you to install the SMDAgent 7.20.

The SAPInst for SMDAgent 7.20 installs the SAPHostAgent automatically in the server if it is not yet installed.

If you install the SMDAgent 7.11, you will have to install the SAPHostAgent manually, if it is not installed in the server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Allam

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. I had to install diagnotics version 7.11. It isn't registering with the SLD properly. Here's the error when I run "smdsetup supportlogs".

[+] JDK Information

-

!!ERROR!! cannot load the agent instance properties /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/icmext.properties:/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/j2ee/cluster/instance.properties

*) JDK in profile : /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sapjvm_5

*) Java Home : /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sapjvm_5/jre

*) Java Version :

-

There isn't even a /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/j2ee directory. I get these errors too when shutting down:

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/HTTP/file_access_0 (ref.by icm/HTTP/file_access_0) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/server_port_0 (ref.by icm/server_port_0) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/server_port_1 (ref.by icm/server_port_1) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/server_port_2 (ref.by icm/server_port_2) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/server_port_3 (ref.by icm/server_port_3) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/server_port_4 (ref.by icm/server_port_4) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/server_port_5 (ref.by icm/server_port_5) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/server_port_6 (ref.by icm/server_port_6) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/server_port_7 (ref.by icm/server_port_7) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/server_port_8 (ref.by icm/server_port_8) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): icm[SMDA]/server_port_9 (ref.by icm/server_port_9) missing.

/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sappfpar=>sapparam(14): ssl/pse_provider[SMDA] (ref.by ssl/pse_provider) missing.

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Check the "Diagnostic agent troubleshooting guide" section "6.2.1 Change Path of the JDK" for agent 7.11.

The document states the following:

As the Diagnostics agent 711 runs only on SAPJVM5, it is not recommended to change the path of the JDK.

Check hte JVM version installed on your server. It may be the cause of this issue.

Regards

Allam

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. The JVM is 5.0 (1.5) patch level 28. Where is the diagnostics agent troubleshooting guide for 7.11? The "service.sap.com/diagnostics" page only has the 7.01 guide.

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I made some mistake, there is no troubleshooting guide for 7.11. it is for 7.01.

I checked the "Agent Setup Guide" now for 7.11 and the JVM version seems OK, the guide says that it uses JVM 5.

Have you already tried to perform the direct connection to Solution manager? If the solman is up and running, this is the recommended connection type to use.

May may refer to the SMDAgent WIKI page to do it:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents#DiagnosticsAgents-DirectSolutionMana...

BR,

Allam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

You need to choose the SMDAgent version depending on the Solution manager version.

Check the [SMDAgent WIK|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents#DiagnosticsAgents-Installation]I page at:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents#DiagnosticsAgents-Installation

To know the Solman level, check the level of component ST 400 at "system status'.

Regards,

Allam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your solman system (Solman EhP1 SPS 07) lies under line 2 -

Versions 7.0 EhP1 >= SP 18-- 6.40, 7.0, 7.0 EhP1 & 2

Thanks