cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central contrcact distribution with WSRM with SRM 7.01 (EHP1)

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are implementing Central contract distribution with SRM 7.01 and ECC 6 EHP 5 backends.

Can we use WSRM for Point-to-Point Communication for contract distribution? As the current customer does not have PI I am happy to avoid implementing PI.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is possible by configuring NON PI web services in SRM 7.01 and ECC 6.0 EHP 5 . I have done this at a client place and they have successfully gone live.

There are 6 webservices that needs to be configured in SRM and ECC after which it will be possible to send contracts to ECC as contract and scheduling agreement.

But there are some pros and cons for it.

1. The contract will be treated as a central contract in SRM and ECC meaning it cannot be changed in ECC .

2.There are some irreversible switches associated to it in ECC and SRM .

But trust me its very easy to configure all the above and barely takes 2 to 3 days of effort.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen

SRM EHP1 and ECC 6.0 EHP5 ?

Can you explain the 6 webservice config details?

Is there any P2P config KBA notes available for P2P communication. i.e without PI

Thanks

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I have written a blog on the P2P communication for Central Contract from SRM to ECC.

Please find the link below

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/06/13/transfer-of-central-contract-from...

hope this helps 🙂

Regards,

Naveen

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

fantastic job.

we get this error message

i appreciate your feedback on the below error.

“SRT Framework exception: Error in WSDL access: Exception occurred in communication framework:Error in HTTP Framework:404Connection Failed"

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Sorry for the late reply, this could be related to SLD setup or even authorization issues, can you let me know when and where do you see this error? Let me know when exactly you get this error?

I am suspecting the below 3 reasons for this

1. Authorizations for SRT

2. SLD setup could be wrong or needs to be checked by the basis ( to verify if you do a lookup the business system should automatically pop up)

3. The user id /pass that you give in SOAMANAGER could be wrong ( I would rule out 3 because that would give you an error that PING to webservice failed once you click on PING Webservice)

Let me know exactly when and where are you getting this issue .

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Find the error details:

We have followed the steps for peer to peer service configuration as per note1268336 for synchronous service QUERYCODELIST for our XI independent scenario for contract management.

As per the steps for peer to peer for settings,we are done with the configuration in SRM side i.e. provider system  and configured the QUERYCODELIST service.

Now while doing the same on ECC side(BDE) i.e.  Consumer system when we are maintaining this service and creating Logical port,We get pop up to enter the details.

Once we enter the details and click on APPLY setting button we are getting this error which Muthu as mentioned.

"SRT Framework exception: Error in WSDL access: Exception occurred in communication framework:Error in HTTP Framework:404Connection Failed"

I have configured this in the past for some other project once where similar error(it was 402 or 403) was coming since WSDL node was not active under SRT in SRM but this time we have checked it and all the required services are also active.

Can you help to check further on this.

Regards.

Paresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Are you configuring PurchasingContractSRMReplicationConfimration_Out as a consumer proxy , if so then on clicking creat logical port it should give you the below popup

IF you dont get the above screen, then you might want to check

1.The role assigned , should be SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONFIGURATOR

2.SICF for WSDL for your system

3.The user who is configuring this should be part of the HR org structure in SRM.

Hopefully this should resolve the error.

Let me know if you still face this issue.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Thanks for your reply i am not configuring PurchasingContractSRMReplicationConfimration_Out.

I am configuring service QERYCODELIST which is a synchornous service.

And as you mentioned i am getting this pop up and after entering the necessary details in this popup i am facing this error which is coming at the top.

I am using a user with proper authorization which is also maintain in the organization strcutrre.

Regards,

Paresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Sorry for the late reply. what I can understand from the screenshot that the SRM system is unable to communicate with the ECC system using the WSRM service.

If this is the case  then  you might want to check two things

1.Global System settings - SLD

2.Web Service Navigator ( Java system details for SRM and ECC)

My basis team took care of the above and  gave me the details and then I entered them into the soamanager.

I gave them the below link for reference

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAPConn/Web+Service+Testing+Using+the+J2EE+Server+Web+Service+...

Hopefully this helps. I am curious to know what causes the above issue. Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Problem Naveen.

We were also suspeting that it is SLD issue as in SLDCHECK tcode i was getting some errors.

This was then corrected by BASIS team and we were able to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Thats good news. So things are working fine. Lets figure out your other issue now.

Regards,

Naveen

Appreciate if you can rewards points for the answers provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Navnee,

Thanks for your help on this.I would love to give you points on this but unfortunatle i can not as this thread was not started by me.

Really apprciatiate your help on this and even your blog which is very helpful.

Regards,

Paresh.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen for all your  assistance.Indeed appreciate